Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Deserves its own post.

I found this the other day. its not very nice.
I think it had to do with so many people asking me to do original stuff, and mom said something like that too. Its a hard blow when even your mom isnt behind you, as all of you might know depending on your lifestyles. but my mom is usually a "well im for it but dont screw up" sort of person. I remember coming over to the computer angry, and just started typing. Its VERY rantful. And if it offends you? I don't care :| Because ive read it over 3-4 times now and it says exactly how I want to say it.
6/17/09
">:[ fucking original from me. nothing in this STUPID world is original.
why are my ideas any different. thats right, because i already found this factor out in SEVENTH FKING GRADE.WHEN MY GREAT
IDEA OF A MAN WITH METAL LIMBS WAS TAKEN FROM ME. FMA? hah.
i cant do original because it doesnt exist. so what if its cartoony.
cartoons are the basis of a childhood, and if there arent good cartoons, such as the crap we have now, what do you
think will happen to kids? you say anime is stupid. and least pokemon has the basis of a good cartoon. learning, but
its not in front of ones eyes, and isnt shoved into ones face. fighting? internally or externally its bound to happen.
I shouldnt have to be limited on whats in front of me. or the racial or ideas that must be created for one to MAKE a good
realistic piece. realism is there, and is in video games. but the IDEAS have to be fantastical for the realism
and the surrealism to mesh.
what is there and whats not there is what makes games so compelling
Live in your world, play in theirs.
save the world
kill your father
destroy what doesnt need to be.
prove your existence.
and like the heroes of games to come, proving your existence as a person is what relates you to the hero.
to draw is like that.
to draw what you want is to prove your existence
i guess that since everyone else does realism and no fanart it means that im clearly just not a good artist as they copped
out of something so, immature, years ago.
but you know what i think?
i think theyre afraid.
afraid to love what they do.
afraid it will make them lesser than what they are.
to be embarrassed that i like hannah montana and pokemon at 17? pish posh. i know it, my friends know it, and they
arent any less friends to me than ones who wouldnt know it.
if other people want to base their judgements on my hobbies and not my personality, let them. they arent my friends.
what would the world be like without disney?
without those to show us how to be when a father dies?
without those to show us what to do when they are separated from all they know.
how to become stronger when everyone else thinks lowly of you.
these things are REAL LIFE. and they can be conveyed through cartoons.
cartoons?
no.
Art."

*goes to sleep*

2 comments:

Cheeto said...

i'm sure you've seen this quote somewhere right?

"there's only one story."

proves your point on originality. just a thought.

Unknown said...

It's not the art that is unoriginal, it's the people who are trained to categorize everything these days and just skip over the details because the be damned if they actually spent time on something that isn't shoved under their noses. And Disney and cartoons still rock my world, anyone who thinks that they keep you from real life is just trying to downplay the good and light parts of life. It doesn't always have to be poverty and office work on your mind, everyone needs respite. Just my 2 cents.