Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

YIPPIE KIYAY MOTHER*******!

Despite the clearly misleading title, this is a time capsule post. Yeah i don't believe either! Its not gonna include me hating people! That's great! Allright where do we start.

Going into the last year of regular schooling, I wanted to reflect on things that made me me. No, not people today. Well. Not real people anyhow. The wonderful world of fiction that I don't believe many children have these days. Bet you thought I was gonna start with DBZ DIDNTCHA?! Well, it was gonna be; till I watched something today that made me very happy and I thought I should talk about it a bit first. The shows that I watched after my morning kindergarden :D Blues Clues!!! I had forgotten how much I adored that, and to think, KINDERGARDEN! Its been 12 years! I don't know if drawing was what I thought about all the time like I do now, but maybe hints like me asking how steve was so darn good with his crayon and I wasn't probably meant I was interested at least. Most shows back then were my time. Its ironic. I always see "childhood" reflection arts on like…he-man. I don't even know what channel that was on? No way man. Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Blues Clues :D I watch stuff with Stevie now, and as much as I li—no I don't really like it. That's not to say he shouldn't like it, I just wish there were more enthralling early learning shows than the stuff currently. I mean jeez im old like crap and im yelling at steve "TWO BLUE DOLLARSSSS."

I only recently have been seeing steven doing what I thought he would have a long time ago; reacting, really reacting, to whats on the screen. Jeez the girls cant ask me enough questions (no holley I DON'T KNOW that much about Anastasia but I'll try! ) and steven, well he's always been stolic. Even in pokemon, he saw them, knew their names, but it was like a o____ *watches* and doesn't really get it. Lately though, ive been giving him more Disney and Sandys been working with him, definitely paying off. Why the other day he learned about croquet from his grandmother, and I had him come over to watch A Bug's Life, and in the opening shot you see the zoomed in look of all the tall blades of grass; to which Stevie promptly replies "oh wow I wouldn't want to play croquet in THAT grass!" (to which I LOLED my butt off and tried to not let him see how awesomely cute and observant of him that was) I just wish there were better computer games than they have now for kids. What do small PC gamers play? I played jumpstart….does this gen play the sims?

YEAH NOW ITS TIEM FOR THE DBZ. Despite my constant roaring of pokemon, I'm probably as much if not more into dbz than pkmn. The difference is dbz is over. Dragon ball Z happened to me in early first onto second grade. It was my first real Toonami show, one even my mom and I watched together; she knew Goku and Gohan just as I. However, the major Pokemon thing hit in second grade, and popularity pushed dbz out of the limelight. It was all about pikachus. Not to say I didn't watch it of course, there was just two different crowds back then, the group I'd learn with, and the group I played with. Schooltime you told everybody your favorite Pokemon and drew and traced in the how to books, at 4:30 during daycare you glued yourself to dbz watching trunks beat the crap outta frieza. I have fond memories of both, but sometimes I wonder which actually got me into drawing; it might've been both :\ In second grade I got a series of comic books, you might of heard of them; the electric tale of Pikachu. :D on the back covers though they had advertisements for the Dragonball manga. Guess what I did? Yup. I copied pictures in and out of those books. I still have the paper where I did my first real kid goku. Dunno where the comic books went though; that makes me somewhat sad. You know what that means of course? Its been about 10 years since I drew that picture; so I drew up some dbz stuff the other day to compare. Its……different. XD why wouldn't it not be. It proves how much ive grown in some ways; and how much I haven't.

That whole series was somewhat of a growing up thing. Dbz was a BOY show. I was sposed to watch sailor moon. But…my notions of anything (we shall call it shoujo; I call it phobia of anything romantic) shoujo just didn't let it happen. My way of proving myself was to draw better than the guys. Watching dragonball in itself, behind the things that went around it; made me probably a little like how I am now. Gohan (before he fought cell, it put him at like 12 or 13…which happened to be my age at the time) was always my favorite character; the first character that really stood out as a calm but powerful rationalist as he grew; we all love our narutos and ichigos and EDWARDS (not cullens >.> ), but sometimes we forget about people like Alphonse and Gohan. I myself always wanted to be as strong and yet levelheaded as they were; I built characters with that sort of mentality; IF you've known me long enough, long before a Kayton or a Xetak there was a Kale. Kale was the weirdest in all my entities as I never drew him in the image of me. The physical form of "kale" was actually just me with ONE of my sleeves pushed up and the other one left down. To me now, that was a little silly; but in some ways it was my figurative super saiyan form, one that I believed was really better than me and could do so much more (in paper drawing terms kale became a character I draw ever so often, in lots of different entities, but theyre just usually me. How mary sue. )

When I look back, see all these problems people are having now, I see that my earlier times were so easy compared to parental issues of others. The scariest part of my life has been hoping mom didn't throw diet coke at the wall in fury, or meet an ADHD kid. GOD its like those people are out to get me. The only two I ever met were at my daycare, and I had horrible experiences with both kids. Now people are trying to deal with selfish brothers, job aspire-ments, and fathers. :\ Always remember tho. To be super saiyan; one must train to be the best they can be, or choose the easier and less favorable route, death. Take what life has to offer and fight to win, or your weakness will end in tragedy. Both roads get you there, but the tragic road is never the one to take.

…oh and its filled with steroids. :D

-Kayton-saan.

1 comment:

Mal said...

NO CULLENS EVAR!!!

Poor FMA Edward ;_; I feel for him, I really do (despite the fact I never watched more than the *very* first episode... yeah). Which makes me more of an ED fan... you know? Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV XDD

What are these time capsule posts? If I posted something like that, it would be... scary >.< Too many odd things have influenced me, starting from the seventh grade. It could actually be quite humorous.

Lol I watched Titan A.E last night.. which had a Kale XD It's an ok movie; not bad but not too great either. The CGI makes me gag.

I miss Xetak ;_; But I'm a weirdo.

And Everything is filled with steroids.