Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

31 Days of rants~ Lace

Number 16 on the rant list, lace.
I’m not even sure why or how that word is ON my list. That’s not something I think about often. More often not than often haha! Anyways. When I think of lace. I think of three things. Three different things.
The least common of these when I think of lace would be the frilly kind. That on a dress or something. It would be something id NEVER think about. Ever. I’m really not sure how this sort of word is on my list. I own maybe one shirt with a fake camisole with lace at the top, my nice orange striped collared one, but other than that I don’t deal much with lace. Ashly on the hand, I believe, should be a fanatic. Maybe im just putting that idea with the fact she loves dresses probably more than most people in the world.

The other kind of lace, is a shoe lace. I think when I was younger, I wasn’t really that great at tying my own laces. I especially had a hard time doing someone ELSES shoe laces, tying backwards into a bunny was even harder for me. Over time, because in soccer if you lost a shoe you’d have stickers in your foot and a shoe in someone’s face, my laces were reinforced with double knots and those lace covers that slipped over the middle of your shoes. They’re a lot harder to get off than to get on but as long as I didn’t lose a shoe. However, any other time, I had a terrible time with my laces. Most of the time the laces would untie themselves, and id be tripping over things and myself. I now am a fan of vans, because I don’t like to trip in the middle of the chemistry center and Bancroft goes “ I didn’t see that! Haha!” “no. no you didn’t. lol.”

Thirdly, and most abstractly, using lace as a verb. Often in Fanfiction, or maybe twilight I don’t know, does Jacob or Edward “lace their hands” with Bella? I don’t know. But often, authors use “they laced their fingers together” to mean holding hands. But, more, intimately. I myself am not a hand holder to….okay I just don’t. even in figurative terms, I’m definitely not a hand holder. But, all exceptions come in the form of steven and ford, (and the smaller neighbor amaya), and their hands always need to be held when we cross the culdesac if I’m with them. When steven was just a bit younger, I used to think of him as like Christopher robin and pooh bear, based off size difference, and he was young and didn’t know any better. He still holds my hand now, going on 5, and he asked me to be his girlfriend the other day, so Im not sure the handholding is for safety anymore. What a sly boy. At least ford can still be my Pooh bear. :3
~Kayton (three days already guys? Whoah.)

1 comment:

Hira said...

I want to see you in a frilly dress, I can't imagine it =DD

I was pro at tying shoe laces, I love my pre-k teacher for teaching me that XD And the mystery behind your current shoe taste has been revealed! =O

awww steven <33 =DD

p.s. the verification word today is concini, I think this blog of yours it trying to teach me Italian or something >.>