Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

31 Days of Rants ~ Reptiles

OKAY. So as a means of forcing myself to write more, I’m going to do daily short rants about random subjects. I wrote down thirty words, and I need to create a rant about each one per day. Of those 31, I pick a number at random. The list will NOT be given to you, because THEN you’d try to expect what I’m gonna write about!
Number 24 out of 31 on the list, Reptiles.
Off the top of my head, I used to think reptiles were really cool. Alligators scared me in person, but I still think they’re one of the coolest reptiles you’d know. Komodo dragons for sure have the best name, and regular ole lizards are the ones I’ve had fond and not so fond memories with.
The thing with reptiles, they’re what, cold blooded? When I was younger, I had a problem establishing cold and warm (hot?) blooded. Even now, I just don’t get it; the reptiles are always warm so they need cool for their bodies? Or is it vice versa? Somebody explain that to me. I’m the weird one, always cold and wanting to be warm, ‘spose why I don’t like winter y’know.
Luke has a strange attachment to lizards, we only had one dog as a pet around the time he was born, and he was always trying to get himself a pet lizard. i was a little more timid, because I would try to get them for him and they’d end up trying to eat my finger, freaked me out of course. I can fully say that Luke and I have “helped” many a lizards lose their tails. On the flip side, cute ford is afraid of EVERYTHING, grasshoppers aren’t reptiles, but in the same idea, the big ones at the ranch? He screamed.
You know alligators were supposed to be the death of Steve Irwin right? I really liked that guy. He made me want to go to the zoo more than after he well, retired… I liked seeing what he was wrangling without the fear of something bad happening. Like a reptile-esq super hero. His little daughter and I believe son? I hope they don’t move away too much from loving animals, I know Bindi has a show, but I needs to not be on like, kid animal planet. Isn’t she like 10 already? Hahah.
And that’s it for this first one. Yeah. I picked at random and got something I had no idea what to talk about. Great. Well, from writing this, I jumped several topics, so we’ll see if this continues or my other rants will be straight 1 dimension thoughts into the topic.
See yous
Kayton.

1 comment:

Hira said...

To answer your question, they're cold-blooded because they don't maintain a constant body temperature; rather, they just adjust to the environment =]

AND FOR EVERYTHING ELSE, I agree with Ford =D He has it down right XD

P.S. the verification word is supeth, and I totally think it should be a real word =DD